Repurposing Candle Jars
- Remove the remaining wax by setting the jar in a pot of boiling water. Let the wax melt completely.
- DO NOT MICROWAVE because the wick holder is made of metal.
- Caution: Use an oven mitt and/or tongs to carefully remove the jar. Please do not burn yourself.
- Pour the leftover wax into the trash. Scrape out the wick holder.
- Do not pour melted wax down the sink: When the wax solidifies, it can damage your sink/pipes. That's expensive.
- Wash out the jar with dish soap and dry it completely.
Ideas for reusing your jar:
- Contact Jenn Hanson to refill it at a discounted price
- Craft/office supply storage (pens, scissors, stationary...)
- Bathroom vanity jar (cotton balls, Q-tips...)
- Makeup storage (brushes, samples, mini perfumes...)
- Planter for succulents, flowers, lucky bamboo...
- Vase for flowers
- Treat jar for candy or dog treats